The world’s future rests on advanced technological solutions that span over and covers almost everything under the purview of utility and convenience. Diverse industries like travel, health care, banking system, retail experiences, connectivity, transport are already enjoying numerous benefits that enhance user satisfaction and promote a dynamic security system verification of identity and data safety. In this context, smart card technology emerges as a champion solution that provides a privacy-enabling platform for implementing identification systems.
Protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information
The fundamental goal of smart card design is to focus on two vital factors – privacy & security. Strengthening the identification system is necessary to prevent unauthorized access and fraudulent activities.
Unlike other technologies, smart cards ensure a superior firewall for individuals when it comes to authenticated and authorized information use, access and verification with high-security features that can support
- Anonymous & pseudonymous schemes
- Multiple applications of card (Payment + IDs)
- Data trail segregation
- Two-way device authentication
- Authentication of a variety of system components (Biometric information)
- On-card matching for verification
- Robust security for data assets
- Smart cards offer the best protection as they are programmed to protect information use, storage, transmission and destruction on users’ consent.
The identity verification process and its importance
There are multiple reasons why smart cards are the best tradeoff.
- Most secure communication channel
- They are tamper-resistant
- Are compatible with numerous card systems
- Hybrid cards support a variety of technology like magnetic strip, bar codes, embossing
- They cannot work without proper authorization when used in combination with other technologies like Biometrics
- Smart cards are almost impossible to forge or duplicate
Designed to protect sensitive data, smart cards can include a variety of smart technologies like digital signatures, Hidden ink, Ghost images etc., to prevent data or identity theft. With the right kind of system implementation and design, smart cards ensure a high degree of user satisfaction regarding security and authorized usage.
The role of Biometrics
Biometrics deals with automated methods of identification and verification via physiological attributes. This technology uses hand geometry, fingerprint, iris & retina mapping, voice recognition to identify and compare an individual with the digital data fed into the system.
It is quite difficult to mimic biometric characteristics compared to passwords or PINs. Combining Biometrics with multiple authentication systems like a PIN is also possible. The two-factor authentication ensures maximum protection of data assets and promises supreme convenience for activities like money transfer, online banking, and verification of ID for a variety of purposes.
Through appropriate smart card designs and technology integration, government institutions and business organizations can meet their secure and accurate identification requirements while protecting personal privacy.
At Colorplast, our services are crafted to help you understand every aspect of your smart card requirements from design consultancy, design representations, integration of special security features, lifecycle support, unique unboxing experiences, drop on demand and a whole lot more. Explore fabulous cost-effective options of iconic smart cards designs suitable for the following sectors – finance, retail, healthcare, connectivity transit and gift & loyalty.